aquaDucks™ are pleased to offer water polo training sessions at the Hollandse Club and Swiss Club.
During these lessons, we focus on techniques for beginners and advanced players. The beginners play in friendly matches, and the advanced teams join the more serious tournaments.
- To provide competition among social water polo clubs in Singapore, with emphasis on the development of young players
- To instil in young players the rules of water polo
- To promote friendship among members of the participating clubs
- To organize water polo matches on a regular basis
The sessions are divided into three age groups (to join water polo training, children need to know how to swim breaststroke, freestyle and backstroke).
9 to 10 year olds (ball size 3)
- Throwing and catching a ball in the water
- Swimming with a ball
- Shooting at goal from different angles
- Learning how to quickly change swimming direction
11 to 13 year olds (ball size 4)
- Throwing and catching from a longer distance with one hand
- Refining correct turning of body position during throwing, catching and changing swimming direction
- Correct positioning during defence and offense
- Learning different offensive strategies
14 to 16 year olds (ball size 4 for girls; size 5 for boys)
In this group, all techniques and tactics of the game are refined.