Copyright 2019. aquaDucks. All Rights Reserved.
1. Can we reach the pool venues via Public Transport?
Yes, it is possible to get to our venues by public transport. For information on how you can locate each of these venues, please click on the venue below;
2. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old, are the fees the same?
Yes the fees are the same across all ages in our Babies & Toddlers, Preschool and Learn to Swim programmes.
Our fees are as follows:
MONTHLY FEE STRUCTURE
Weekday Fee: $155.00 (incl. GST: $165.85) per month
Weekend Fee: $170.00 (incl. GST: $181.90) per month
* There will be a one (1) week school break in the last week of December
3. Are there any discounts?
Here are some of our discount schemes (please look out for announcements on our Facebook page for any upcoming discounts).
- Sibling Discount
3rd Sibling currently registered with us enjoy 10% discount off swim lesson fees
4th Sibling currently registered with us enjoy 25% discount off swim lesson fees
- St. James’ Church Kindergarten (SJCK) – discount applicable at our Dempsey and Newton venues. Currently enrolled SJCK students will enjoy a 15% discount off weekday swim lesson fees
- Children’s Cove Preschool (CC) – discount applicable at our Queenstown venue. Currently enrolled CC students will enjoy a 15% discount off weekday swim lesson fees
4. My baby is 4 months old, can he join your programme already?
At aquaDucks your child can start swimming from the age of 6 months and above. The reason for this is by the age of six months:
– Babies’ necks are strong allowing your baby to hold it steadily up straight
– Babies a likely to have had the most important immunisation vaccines
– Babies are able to express their feelings (if they are happy or unhappy)
If your child is turning 6 months soon, don’t hesitate to book a trial on our website and we can schedule your baby’s first lesson at your venue of choice.
5. At what age will my child be able to swim on her own?
This truly depends on each individual student’s progress and pace. We have younger students who progress faster than others. It definitely helps if a child attends the swimming lessons consistently and regularly practise outside the lessons too. This makes them very comfortable in the water. We also have students who are older, but had an unpleasant swimming experience before, causing them to fear the water. As such, it will take more time for them to overcome their fear and become confident swimmers. We are encouraging each individual student’s progress in their own comfort zone as we understand that every child is unique and learns differently.
6. Do you have indoor pools?
Our pools at Turf City, Dempsey, Newton and Queenstown are outdoors, however they are covered, heated and salt-chlorinated. Our Hollandse Club and Swiss Club pools are regular outdoor pools.
7. What is the benefit of salt-chlorination in your Dempsey, Newton, Turf City and Queenstown Pools?
- Since ancient times, the antiseptic properties of salty water have been widely known, especially for treating eye, skin and nose infections.
- Disinfection is more efficient due to the combined action of the chlorine and other agents that are generated during electrolysis (active oxygen) and to the oxidisation on the electrodes by the organic matter in the water.
- There will be no unpleasant smell of chlorine and sore eyes. You will no longer suffer from skin irritation and sore eyes, as the chloramines that cause these effects are destroyed. You will only notice a slight taste of salt. The water will be disinfected and you and your family will be better protected against germs.
8. Do you do private and ad-hoc basis lessons?
We do run private classes at selected venues (Dempsey, Queenstown and Turf City) on weekdays only (timings available on request). Please note we do not run private lessons at houses/condominiums.
Our fees are as follows (deposit applies):
1 student to 1 coach:
- 30 minutes: $74
- 45 minutes: $112.50
- 60 minutes: $150
2 students to 1 coach:
- 30 minutes: $100
- 45 minutes: $150
- 60 minutes: $200
All fees will be subjected to prevailing GST rates.
For adhoc lessons, we do accommodate requests for extra lessons on top of regular classes. However, if you would like to sign up only for adhoc lessons, we do not encourage that. For children to learn swimming, it is essential to their progress that they attend lessons consistently.
9. Since you have many students swimming in your pools – how do you ensure hygiene and cleanliness of the pools?
Good water quality is of very high importance to us and our pool water is checked and maintained two times per day, seven days per week. Our water is also tested monthly by an external recognised laboratory in compliance with the standard required by the National Environment Agency (NEA). The reports are always excellent (you can always find a copy of the reports hung up by the poolside office).
10. What happens if there’s a thunderstorm during the lesson?
In the event of heavy rain, thunder and lightning before the start of class, you can call your location’s weather line to check if your lesson is running. Please note, if the phone is not answered it means that lessons are running and we’re in the water teaching. The weather in Singapore can change suddenly, so we seek your understanding should there be instances where lessons have to be cancelled and you’ve already made the journey. Should your class be cancelled due to lightning, we will arrange a replacement class if the lesson was conducted less than 15 minutes. Lessons conducted for 15mins or more will be considered as a full conducted lesson.
11. How do I arrange for payment of my swimming lessons?
Payment can be made via PayNow, online transfer or by cheque. We provide you with the payment details upon registration of swim lessons. Kindly only arrange for payment after receiving your invoice.
12. I forgot my child’s swim suit/nappy, can he still attend the lesson?
A swim suit is optional for our Babies and Toddlers programme but it is mandatory that your child wears a swim nappy if he/she is not potty-trained during these lessons. This is for hygiene reasons and to prevent any brown code incidents in the pool.
13. What are your COVID-19 safety measures?
We work closely and adhere strictly with the Safe Management Measures set out by SportSG. These measures include:
- All our staff undergo Antigen Rapid Test (ART) once every 7 days.
- All our coaches and poolside staff are fully vaccinated.
- Only 1 accompanying parent/ caregiver per student is allowed into the facility.
- Designated waiting area with social distancing measures in place.
- All other safe management measures and screening measures continue to be enforced.