AquaFit for Seniors
Exercise is important, especially as you get older. AquaFit for seniors helps you stay fit and self-reliant. It makes your bones and muscles stronger, which helps improve coordination.
This is a fun social activity combined with specially tailored exercise programmes in the water to enhance strength and mobility for adults aged 55 and above.
- Turf City
- Reduces blood pressure – water resistance is not just a buoyancy feature to help work the muscles. In fact, the water pressure actually works with your blood as well and enables blood flow to circulate more effectively throughout the body, effectively decreasing blood pressure and, in the long run, lowering resting heart rate
- Cooling exercise – as temperatures rise and humidity draws near, exercising in the burning sun may suddenly not seem so appealing. AquaFit is a cool, crisp and refreshing way to exercise, and you won’t be struggling in the heat!
- Increases muscle strength
- Builds endurance
- Increases flexibility – as the body is subject to water resistance during aqua-aerobic exercise, the joints naturally increase their range of motion
- Low-impact exercise
- Alleviates pressure on the joints
- Increases relaxation and positive energy
- Burns calories – the combination of strength and cardio workouts mixed with water resistance in aquatic exercise ensures the body is getting a full workout. Depending on cardio activity, weight, water temperature, volume and buoyancy, the body can burn between 400 and 500 calories during an hour of exercise