We offer water polo training sessions at the Hollandse Club and Swiss Club. During these lessons, we focus on techniques for beginners and advanced players. The beginners play in friendly matches, and the advanced teams join the more serious tournaments.
- To provide competition among social water polo clubs in Singapore, with emphasis on the development of young players
- To instil in young players the rules of water polo
- To promote friendship among members of the participating clubs
- To organise matches regularly
The sessions take place in three age groups (to join the training, children need to know how to swim breaststroke, freestyle and backstroke).
9 to 10-year-olds (ball size 3)
- Throwing and catching a ball in the water
- Swimming with a ball
- Shooting at goal from different angles
- Learning how to change swimming direction quickly
11 to 13-year-olds (ball size 4)
- Throwing and catching from a longer distance with one hand
- Refining the correct turning of body position during throwing, catching and changing of swim direction
- Accurate positioning during defence and offence
- Learning different offensive strategies
14 to 16-year-olds (ball size 4 for girls; size 5 for boys)
In this group, the coaches will work on the refining of all techniques and tactics of the game.