AquaFit for Seniors
Exercising is important, especially as you get older. aquaFit for seniors helps you stay fit and self-reliant. It makes your bones and muscles stronger, which helps improve coordination.
This is a fun social activity combined with specially tailored exercise programmes in the water to enhance strength and mobility for adults aged 55 and above.
- Turf City
- Cooling exercise – as temperatures rise and humidity draws near, exercising in the burning sun may suddenly not seem so appealing. aquaFit is a cool, crisp and refreshing way to exercise, and you won’t be struggling in the heat!
- Increases muscle strength
- Builds endurance
- Increases flexibility – as the body is subject to water resistance during aqua-aerobic exercise, the joints naturally increase their range of motion
- Low-impact exercise
- Alleviates pressure on the joints
- Increases relaxation and positive energy
- Burns calories – the combination of strength and cardio workouts mixed with water resistance in aquatic exercise, ensures the body is getting a full workout. Depending on cardio activity, weight, water temperature, volume and buoyancy, the body can burn between 350-400 calories for 45 minutes of exercise.