babies & toddlers
The sooner your child starts learning to swim, the faster your child will feel comfortable in the water and learn how to stay safe in an aquatic environment.
At aquaDucks, children can start learning to swim from the age of six months. In our Babies & Toddlers (Duckling) programme, babies and toddlers are encouraged to feel at ease in the water and at the same time learn breath control and how to swim back to the wall for their safety. Accompanied with songs and games, we create a fun and educational environment that leaves smiles on the little ones’ faces.
The aim of this programme is for every child to feel happy and be safe in the water.
The Babies & Toddlers programme is a parent-accompanied class conducted under the professional guidance of our friendly and experienced swim coaches.
The Duckling programme is ideal for children between the age of 6 to 36 months.
Level 1 (30-minutes | ratio 6:1)
- Water familiarisation
- Pre-submersion exercises
- Encouraging self-exploration
Level 2 (30-minutes | ratio 6:1)
- Safe entry into and exit from the pool
- Learning breath control and submersion
- Water play focusing on getting face and head wet
- Encouraging kicking with support
Level 3 (30-minutes | ratio 6:1)
- Unassisted jump to the parent/instructor
- Demonstrating breath-holding skills
- Kicking and retrieving toy with submersion
- Learning how to swim to parent/instructor
Level 4 (30-minutes | ratio 6:1)
- Jumping in, turning around and swimming back to the wall (assisted)
- Climbing out of the pool (assisted)
- Learning how to swim towards parents from the wall
- Swimming underwater for at least three seconds
Level 5 (30-minutes lesson, ratio 6:1)
- Learning to come up to breathe
- Rhythmic breathing with the support of parent/caregiver
- Introduction to floating on back
- Personal safety (turning around and swimming back to the wall)
Level 6 (30-minutes | ratio 6:1)
- Increased distance and using rough motor skills
- Rhythmic breathing without support
- Increased distance of underwater swimming
- Retrieving objects from the bottom of the pool
Learning Through Play
Learning through play is essential to the success in every child’s Learn to Swim journey. All our Babies & Toddlers swimming lessons are filled with songs and games while our coaches ensure that every child learns the fundamental skills of swimming and water safety.